Aluminum extrusion is a technique used to transform aluminum alloy into objects with a definitive cross-sectional profile for a wide range of uses. The extrusion process makes the most of aluminum’s unique combination of physical characteristics. Metalli’s aluminum extrusion process consists a wide variety of aluminum alloys and designs. Our custom aluminum extrusion services offer a cost-effective and on-demand solution for your manufacturing requirements.
FEATURES OF ALUMINUM EXTRUSION
● Light weight
Aluminum extrusion products are much lighter compared with many other metal products like steel or copper.
● Good strength and durability
Aluminum extrusion products have good strength and durability that can sustain many years’ life time.
● Cost effective
Good manufacturability ensures a low fabrication cost.
● Good heat conductivity
The aluminum material has good heat conductivity which enables to achieve a wide application of heat transfer fields compared with other metals
● Consistent quality and good precision
Combined precision dies, the extrusion process’s capability makes good consistent quality
Aluminum extrusion capabilities
2.10.1 Length/Width/Height/Diameter up to 500 mm
2.10.2 Wall thickness minimal to 0.2 mm
2.10.3 Further process like machining, stamping and surface finish can be available
2.10.4 Tools design and manufacturing capability
2.10.5 Good experience in fabrication of a wide variety of aluminum extrusion products including tubes, bars, I or H beams, U channels, L angle, heat sink, fan blade and custom profiles
◆Aluminum and aluminum alloys
★ Bead blasting
★ Powder coating
★ Custom finishes
● A series of tubes
● Beams, angles and profiles that used as construction parts
● Heat sinks
● Fan blades
● Other industrial parts including led rails, roof tracks, production line profiles
Industries that use metal fabrication
Metal fabrication parts are widely used in automotive, household, electronics, energy, construction and industrial.
Overview: What’s aluminum extrusion?
The basics of aluminum extrusion
Aluminum extrusion is a technique used to transform aluminum alloy into objects with a definitive cross-sectional profile for a wide range of uses. The extrusion process makes the most of aluminum’s unique combination of physical characteristics. Its malleability allows it to be easily machined and cast, and yet aluminum is one third the density and stiffness of steel so the resulting products offer strength and stability, particularly when alloyed with other metals.
How does aluminum extrusion work
The process of aluminum extrusion consists of the following steps:
● A cylindrical billet of aluminum alloy is heated to 300°c-500°c.
● The aluminum billet is then transferred to a loader, where a lubricant is added to prevent it from sticking to the extrusion machine, the ram or the handle.
Substantial pressure is applied to a dummy block using a ram, which pushes the aluminum billet into the container, forcing it through the die.
● The extruded part passes onto a run-out table as an elongated piece that is now the same shape as the die opening. It is then pulled to the cooling table where fans cool the newly created aluminum extrusion.
● When the cooling is completed, the extruded aluminum is moved to a stretcher, for straightening and work hardening.
● The hardened extrusions are brought to the saw table and cut according to the required lengths.
● The final step is to treat the extrusions with heat in age ovens, which hardens the aluminum by speeding the aging process.